Unity Park has been a site for nonprofit housing and community development for over 20 years, when Lighthouse Community Development started investing in the community surrounding its office on Woodward.
- Venture Inc., Community Housing Network (CHN), and Home Renewal Systems teamed up to build 18 new single-family homes for purchase in Unity Park.
- Construction began on the development, which features 32 single-family homes scattered throughout Unity Park.
- In addition to these 32 homes a community building was built at 333 Auburn Ave.
- One of our partners, CHN , received a grant from PNC bank toward neighborhood beautification and other revitalization projects in the neighborhood.
- The funding will be used towards developing this website, printing and distributing the Unity Park Newsletter, making improvements at the Unity Park Garden, conducting cleanups, and organizing neighborhood safety initiatives.
2016 – 2017
- Construction of 12 new homes started during the winter of 2016
- Construction on an additional 12 will begin summer of 2016.
- All of the homes are scheduled to be complete by winter of 2017.
This website is supported by a grant from PNC for community revitalization in Unity Park, Pontiac. It is the intent of this website to connect Pontiac residents with available partners and resources, opportunities and events. It is also meant to be a collaborative project, meaning the website and the revitalization programs need resident input. Please take advantage of the comments sections and sign up to receive updates by email. Every part of this website offers a chance to get further involved with the development of Unity Park.